J2FIT Client Stories
- Service: Online Custom Programming
- Favorite Quote: "Everything happens for a reason."
- Favorite Song: "Bodies" by Drowning Pool
- Favorite Food: Cake, or anything with sugar.
- Favorite Exercise: Anything involving a barbell.
Sarah works and lives in New York City. She is a Associate Account Executive at Kate Spade and sees her fitness as a means to start her day off on the right foot. Originally from Ohio, she moved to NYC with little formal fitness understanding, took it upon herself to get in shape and be healthy. She loves the outdoors, loves to travel, and LOVES puppies and kittens. Sarah's energy is infectious, and she is a role model to other men and women out there who are looking to be stronger and healthier.
SARAH'S JOURNEY TO FITNESS
"When I began working out, I had no idea what I was doing. I would go on the elliptical and treadmill, and stay away from the weights.
When I started with J2FIT, they changed my perspective on what it meant to be fit. They showed me that athleticism is not only for athletes. They taught me the importance of mental and physical strength, power, and endurance.
Today, the gym is my happy place. It is my therapy on the hard days, and my playground on the great ones. I feel stronger, more confident, and healthier every day."
Q & A WITH SARAH
- If you could eat one meal with zero consequences (magical fairy took all calories and health risks away), what would it be? Costco sheet cake, with a side of frosting on the side. And a side plate of bacon, with a glass of bourbon.
- What is your biggest gym pet peeve? People who read the newspaper at the gym, while in a squat rack/on a machine.
- What motivates you to train everyday? To be a better version of myself than yesterday...and to crush personal records!
- What is one thing about life that you have learned through your journey to fitness? The gym has made me a better person. It has made me mentally and physically stronger. When life is crazy and hectic, the gym is my sanctuary to let go and do something better for myself.
- What advice would you give to a younger you? Track calories from alcohol. It's scary.
SARAH'S TRAINING VIDEOS (#SARAHDJ2FIT)