Co-Founder and Director of Strength and Fitness
Mike holds a Bachelors from Stony Brook University and an Advanced Degree from the National Personal Training Institute of America. He is a Certified Personal Trainer (NSCAS CPT) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, an Advanced Sports Performance Coach from USA Weightlifting (USAWL2),and is a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA CPT)
- Advanced Sports Performance Weightlifting Coach (USAW L2)
- Sports Performance Weightlifting Coach (USAW)
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)
- Precision Nutrition Coach (Pn1)
- Bachelor's: Stony Brook University
- Advanced Degree in Personal Training: National Personal Training Institute of America
- Notre Dame de Namur University: Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (2016)
- New York University: Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (2016)
- CrossFit Old County: Coach (2016)
- Mount St. Michael's Academy: Baseball Coach (2016)
Shortly after, Mike Barbot and Mike formed officially formed J2FIT, a strength and conditioning training brand, offering personal training, online coaching, and education content. As up and coming fitness professionals in New York City, Mike became a sponsored ReebokONE Fitness Professional and provides various tips and coaching content for strength coaches and athletes around the globe.
Today, Mike is a:
- Sponsored ReebokONE Fitness Ambassador
- Featured Author on BreakingMuscle.com, specializing in Olympic weightlifting, strength training, sport psychology.
- Co-Founder and co-host on The Fittest League Podcast, a brand and show dedicated to the exploration and explanations of all things fitness.
- Head Olympic weightlifting coach at ReebokONE CrossFit Union Square, a premiere training facilities in NYC, and one of the few locales to train exclusively with Eleiko platforms and weights.
In Mike’s free time, you can catch him training hard for:
- Olympic weightlifting meets. In his previous meet he was able to accumulate 222kg/488lbs with a 98kg/216lbs Snatch and a 125kg/275lbs Clean and Jerk.
Follow Mike Barbot on Instagram: