Year Round Sport-Specific Training
The J2FIT Strength and Conditioning Program is a unique sport-specific training solution, developed for student athletes of all ages and abilities. J2FIT delivers accredited strength and conditioning coaches, a safe and formal training environment, and scientific-based programming to athletes. The objective of J2FIT Strength and Conditioning Program is to develop your athletes and teams in the gym so they can be better on and off the field.
This program is ideal for:
- All high school and college students (do not have to be an athlete)
- All student athletes during the summer and off-season months.
- High school athletes with no formal strength and conditioning program at school.
- College athletes while traveling or home for summers and school breaks.
- Sport coaches looking to build stronger, more injury resilient athletes.
- Athletic departments opting to outsource their strength and conditioning needs.
Programming Design and Philosophy
Athletes need to be athletic, prior to stepping onto the field. A heightened athleticism provides you with the fundamental attributes of strength, power, balance, agility, proprioception, endurance, and stamina to attack sport practices safely and optimally. Our mission as your strength coaches is to prepare you mentally and physically for the skills that will be learned as you take the field. To be a great sport athlete you need two things: (1) a heightened physical fitness state, (2) the most optimal body you can have that was developed to meet the specific metabolic demand of your sport, and (3) hours and hours of sport practice. We will develop the first two aspects of what it takes to be a great athlete, and you playing your sport will handle the third.
Every training session, you will work to improve:
- Movement mechanics to decrease injury and move more efficiently.
- Plyometric training to create greater force outputs, resulting in you running faster, jumping higher, and being more explosive.
- Olympic weightlifting and power training to develop fast twitch athleticism to increase power production, essential to al athletes regardless of sport.
- Foundational strength training to develop complete musculature. Greater muscle equates to more capacity for increased performance, at any intensity, in any sport.
- Sport-specific accessory training to increase muscle size, strength, and endurance, all of which will have a direct correction to the movements done in your sport to make you a healthier and better athlete.
- Corrective exercises will be programmed throughout to reduce the likelihood of asymmetries, poor movement, and muscular imbalances; all of which can lead to nagging and even season-ending injuries.
- Metabolically-specific conditioning will be used in your training program to address the specific metabolic pathways that are necessary for your sport, in order to fully develop your strength and conditioning abilities.
Our program runs on a monthly basis, and is open to all high school and college students, not just athletes. Student athletes are highly encouraged to train throughout the entire year to fully develop and optimize their athletic potentials for their sport(s) and life, even during summer and school holiday breaks. Below are the 12-week training cycles that are available, and anyone interested can join at any point throughout a given cycle.
Summer 2016 Cycle
Start Date: Monday, June 6th, 2016 (classes have begun for select groups as early as May, 9th, 2016.)
End Date: Friday, September 1st, 2016
Strength and Conditioning Group Sessions: Any student and athlete can join any of the time slots below. These sessions will start on the hour, and will be led and facilitated by a J2FIT Strength Coach. It is advised to show up 10 minutes prior to your start time.
- Mondays at 9AM
- Tuesdays at 1PM
- Wednesdays at 9AM
- Thursdays at 1PM
- Fridays at 9AM and 4PM
- ADDITIONAL CLASS TIMES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST AND DEMAND (please contact us for more info)
Open Gym: All memberships include gym access so students and athletes can train with their custom program in event of scheduling issues for group training sessions. It is HIGHLY ADVISED students and athletes participate most training group sessions per week to get the quality coaching and atmosphere that is conducive to progress.
- Mondays - Fridays: 10AM - 4PM
- Saturdays: NONE
- Sundays: 10AM - 2PM
Why J2FIT Student Athlete Strength and Conditioning
The J2FIT Strength and Conditioning Program was build by our coaches and cofounders under the same procedures that are used to run collegiate level strength and conditioning programs. Our coaches have high level coaching experience at the high school and collegiate levels, in the realms of strength and conditioning AND formal sports coaching. Their abilities to train, coach, and apply the specific metabolic demands your athletes need for their sport will make your athletes stronger and more resilient to injury; on and off the field.
We train individual athletes, teams, and everywhere in between. Please contact us with any other questions and concerns about our program.